Tips for party planning
Over the years we have learnt what works for the organiser.....
Having dealt with party organisers over many years, heard their positive stories, and also comments like "I am not doing this again!" - here is a few tips to keep in mind for when you start on this journey of organising this group party.
1) If it is a hens or bucks party - try and organise what the bride and groom would enjoy doing.
2) You can't please everyone and that is okay. As long as you are pleasing the groom, bride or birthday person.
3) You can't have to many chiefs, so take charge and make the decisions. Then tell people what is happening. Too many chiefs simply complicates things and then nothing gets done.
4) Early booking is the best. That gives you time to organise it, and for everyone to save up and pay on time.
5) Numbers will always drop. So keep that in mind when you are booking your activities.
6)Keep the group exited about the party with a few reminders and group emails (our booking system supports all of that). We find that by doing that, you have a bigger turn out - obviously within reason - people get enough emails as it is.
7)Budgets - find out what roughly the group can afford and are happy spending. Cause you are the organiser doesn't mean you pay for it.
8) Keep a good attitude and don't sweat the small stuff. Who cares what color the napkins are!!
9)Some people in the group will disappoint you by not responding, paying on time and you have to constantly chase them. Set a cut off date and then you can't do anymore. Their loss.
10)We do hear this all the time "I don't know what I would have done without Gobananas and your help" - so we do believe that we make your life easier and less stressful.
Good luck planning your party and enjoy the website.